Wednesday 31 July 2013

Welcome to Operation: Steam Knights.

Hi, I'm Steven (aka Pittstop & Andros Tempest) the creator of Operation: Steam Knight.  What I aim to do with this blog is provide extra detail and previews of the future of this theme and answer questions (if possible) about the universe I've created.

Question: "What is Operation: Steam Knights?".

Answer: "Operation: Steam Knights, is a proposed new Lego theme set in an alternate universe where steam technology and magic coexisted in Medieval times.  Image a fusion of the legend of Camelot combined with Steam Punk.  The theme grew out of ideas I had for the existing Castle and Knights themes which Lego have been running for years.  My original idea was for knights in magical suits of armour that functioned like Mecha, but as I developed new designs, I realised that a combination of mechanical components and stylised engine parts, made the armour designs more "believable" and just looked cool."

Question: "How do I get hold of a set?"

Answer: "At the moment the designs only exist virtually, the LDD files (for some of the designs) can be downloaded from my MOCpages account   http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/40649 However the dream is that Lego will produce the concept as a new theme and (possibly) utilise my designs as the basis.  For this to happen my projects on Cuusoo would require support from fans and admirers, so [blatant plug] http://lego.cuusoo.com/profile/pittstop

Question: "Why do you post each design as a new project? surely you would get more support if you just had one?"

Answer: "My early designs only seemed to get noticed when they were listed in the NEW projects list.  Once they fell off the front page interest died and as a result I found posting the next design as a separate project but with links to the original, interest could be revived.  Plus you only get a limited number of images you can use to promote your idea, with so many designs already created, that was fairly limiting.  If this blog takes off I may just post the images elsewhere and create links on Cuusoo for future designs.  It depends."

Question: "When can we see your designs?"

Answer: "I'm planning on using this blog over the next few weeks to post details and information about each EXISTING design and then use it in future to promote new ideas and (hopefully) get some feedback.  But how long is a piece of string? it depends a lot on time constraints and work load."

If you have a question for me to answer in a future blog, just post it in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment